Local School Advisory Team
The Local School Advisory Team (LSAT) is a group of elected and appointed members that exists for every DCPS school. The team (formerly the Local School Restructuring Teams) consists of parents, teachers, non-instructional school staff, a community member, and in some cases students, to advise the principal on matters that promote high expectations and high achievement for all students.
As they have since 1992, Local School Advisory Teams have primary responsibility for the following:
- Advising the principal on priorities and goals;
- Working with the principal on developing the local Comprehensive School Plan, including the supporting budget;
- Reviewing data in order to be informed about school needs and trends;
- Monitoring and assessing the implementation of the local Comprehensive School Plan;
- Using assessment results to develop specific strategies for research-based school improvement; and
- Alignment of strategic and specific goals and objectives of DCPS.
Visit the DCPS website to learn more about the function and purpose of the LSAT.
Local School Advisory Team for SY2022-23
Non-classroom Staff Representative:
Washington Teachers' Union (WTU) Building Representative: