Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
- The entrance to the school building opens at 8:20 am.
- To ensure the safety of your children, parents should stay with their children until 8:20 when teachers are on duty.
- All students enter the building through the Main Entrance at 14th and Kalmia Streets.
- Parents walk Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students to their classrooms.
- 1st-3rd grade students report to the multi-purpose room.
- 4th-5th grade students report to the lower field near the gate on Kalmia Street.
- Teachers begin picking up students at 8:35 a.m. in order for instruction to begin by 8:45 am.
- Students are late after 8:45 am and should report to the Welcome Center for a tardy slip.
- The doors to the building open at 3:15 pm for dismissal.
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students are picked up from their classrooms unless they are in a carpool, and they will be walked to the multipurpose room and called for carpool.
- First through fifth grade students who walk home or are picked up by someone will dismiss from the multi-purpose room. Parents of 5th grade students and their younger sibling(s) who walk home must complete a self-dismissal form.
- Carpool students are brought to the multi-purpose room and released from the 14th Street entrance.
- Students enrolled in Star Achievers After Care program are picked up from their classroom for grades PK-1. 2nd-5th graders will report to the cafeteria.
- Students must have all of their books and belongings, as they will not be allowed to return to the building (or classrooms) following dismissal.
- Parents or guardians must report to the office and sign the “Early Dismissal” book before a student may be allowed to leave the school grounds.
- No student may leave the school grounds without being signed out by an authorized person.
- Parents should not go to the classroom to pick up a child, and a teacher will not release a student until s/he receives a call from the office.