Greetings Mustang families!
This year, Shepherd Elementary will proudly participate in International Walk to School Day on Wednesday, October 10, 2018.
Join Shepherd’s PTA and the Health and Wellness committee along with students, parents and staff for the “before school” event.
Participation is easy – just walk to school! Either walk from home along your customary route or meet us at one of three meet-up locations to join a “walking school bus” led by volunteers.
The meet-up locations are:
- Marvin Caplan Park at the corner of Alaska Avenue and Holly Street NW. The walking school bus leaves promptly at 8:10 am. Principal Brawley will be the walking captain of this group.
- The triangle park at the corner of Luzon Avenue and Van Buren Street NW. This walking school bus leaves promptly at 8:00 am. WE NEED A WALKING CAPTAIN HERE
- Lowell Field are at the corner of Kalmia and 17th Streets NW. This walking school bus leaves promptly at 8:10 am. Liz Bradley will be the walking captain of this group.
WE NEED YOUR HELP:
We are in need of parent volunteers to:
- Help guide the walking school buses to help the captains keep all the walkers safe
- Donate small bottles of water and/or healthy snacks for the walkers as they arrive at school
- Distribute refreshments at the school near the multipurpose room doors
If you’re interested, please contact Karen Sloan at [email protected]
We would love your assistance in helping to make Walk to School Day 2018 a great success!