Hi Shepherd familles,
We hope everyone remains healthy and safe as we move along during these unpredictable times. A few reminders to start the week…
Packet pick up will be Tuesday, May 12 and Wednesday, May 13 at school from 8:30-2 pm at the school.
Ward 3 Ed Network Call TONIGHT
W3Ednet’s next meeting is Monday, May 11 at 7pm on Zoom (see details below). We are very happy to host Karen Cole, DCPS Deputy Chief of Academic and Creative Empowerment, to talk about distance learning. Hope that you can join us. All are welcome.
Join Zoom Meeting https://jh.zoom.us/j/96151856577?pwd=dVlRL3RGWE03V1VhWVNnUkQ2UW5qQT09
Meeting ID: 961 5185 6577
One tap mobile +16465189805,,96151856577#,,#,147366# US (New York) +16468769923,,96151856577#,,#,147366# US (New York)
SHEPHERD’S ONLINE AUCTION – Saturday, May 30th – register NOW!
As you might expect, we had to cancel this year’s in-person event. Shepherd Elementary School PTA’s biggest fundraiser of the year – the 16th Annual Spring Gala and Auction – will NOW be a virtual event and has been re-scheduled for Saturday, May 30th, 2020. The entire event will take place via our Handbid auction system.
We’ll have some items up for auction, but will be focusing more on the direct appeal this year…RECESS IMPROVEMENTS after the Community Center project is complete and recess will take on a more structured approach moving forward.
Dr. Hedlund would like our help in doing a few key things:
– Re-surfacing a new basketball court on the existing blacktop space (close to the teacher parking lot).
– Securing new recess equipment (like jump ropes, balls, flags, outdoor blocks, cones, frisbees, hoops, etc.) and a dedicated shed to house the new equipment in with easy access to the lower field and playground.
– Working with Playworks, a non-profit organization that helps schools lead recess and outdoor play to promote healthy interactions and positive play, to train our staff to have strategies to help with positive, safe and fun outdoor time!
We look forward to “seeing” you virtually on the 30th to support our amazing school!
To register in the Handbid System:
– If you had registered for last year’s auction, you may use your previous login for the Handbid system. Don’t worry if you’ve forgotten your password…you can easily reset it within the system!
– You must enter a credit card in the system to bid on items during the May 30th event.