Happy October Shepherd families,
Next week, you will have the opportunity to hear about your children’s performance from their teachers at conferences on Thursday. On Friday, teachers will participate in another full day of Responsive Classroom teaching. Monday is a holiday for students and staff. With the students out of the building on Thursday, I am taking the opportunity to meet with a consultant from Out Teach to brainstorm outdoor learning experiences for Shepherd; Ms. Akaba will participate as well. This work is being conducted through a grant from OSSE. Also on Thursday, I will have my first meeting of the Chancellor’s Principal Advisory Board, and I am excited to work with other principals at these meetings. If they have not already done so, teachers will be reaching out with additional information about signing up for conferences. Please let me know if you have any questions. Please continue to remind your children about masks and social distancing.
Enjoy another beautiful weekend,
1. Be safe- Maintain safety protocols of the building- distance 3 feet, wear a mask, no snacks, and use hand sanitizer upon entering a space
2. Be responsible- follow directions, fully participate in the given activities of the club
3. Be respectful- use kind words with others, listen when others are speaking, clean the space up after clubs are finished.
1. Pick up students on time.
2. Participate regularly and communicate days where students will not be attending.
Students will be released back to aftercare if they are in the aftercare program.
Students being picked up will meet outside at the middle of courtyard by the main entrance. Please have your yellow signs with your student’s name printed on it.
Monday’s K-2 Running Club will not start on the 4th but on the following Monday the 11th
A sign up for Table Tennis and for 3rd-5th Running Club will be coming out.
There are still space in some clubs like Culture Club and Chorus.
Pokemon club will be expanding, please be on the look out for the information.
Thursday, October 7th Parent Teacher Conferences — virtual (no school for students)
Friday, October 8th No school for students — Responsive Classroom training for teachers
Monday, October 11th Holiday for staff and students